Friday, September 26, 2014

The Itinerary

I am as ambitious about this year's trip as I was with last year's list of things to do and places to go. This year's trip was slightly easier to plan because I included things I didn't have a chance to get to see last year - here's looking at you Wellcomme Collection that was under construction and the V&A that's so big that I spent most of my afternoon just in the jewelry room.

So the villages, towns and cities to visit this year includes:
Cambridge
Grantchester
York
Chester
Llandudno (Venturing into Wales for the first time!)
Conwy
and last but not least, London (of course!) 

The sites and activities for London are:
Tower of London to see the poppies
British Museum (because somehow I've never really done it)
Hunteriarn Museum
National Portrait Gallery (my all time favorite museum)
Sir John Soames Museum
Wellcomme Collection
Westmintser Abbey
Tate Britain
V&A Museum
Westminster Cathedral
The Monument
Regents Park
Hyde Park
Kensington Gardens

In York, the plan is to see the Cathedral, Castle Shambles, and Viking Center. 

My most favorite "surprise find" is Sandringham Estate in the north part of East Anglia. I can't go to England and not visit a grand estate of some kind! I saw both Chatswoth House and Burghley Estate last year, plus Hampton Court. This year, it's the HM The Queen's Norfolk retreat. 

As a good friend asked, "are you planning on sleeping?" Most likely yes but only from exhaustion at seeing and doing all of this! 

No comments: